I have been teaching tin whistle and flute for about 12 years, and have always found it so rewarding. I have experience teaching children and adults of all ages and levels- either through private one-to-one lessons, group lessons, workshops, corporate events, or Skype lessons. I have also worked as a teaching assistant, tutor, and guest lecturer at university level. Here are some of the organizations and workshops I've had the pleasure of teaching for so far:
- Irish Arts Center, Manhattan: tin whistle tutor. 2016 & 2017.
- Irish Arts Center, Manhattan: masterclass on Slow Airs. 2017.
- Catskills Irish Arts Week Fall Series: tin whistle tutor. 2017.
- Facebook, Dublin: tin whistle workshop facilitator. 2015.
- Fáilte Ireland, Dublin: tin whistle workshop facilitator. 2015.
- Ceoltóirí Chluain Tarbh: flute tutor. 2014-2015.
- St. Patrick's College of Education, Drumcondra: music tutor. 2015.
- University College Dublin, School of Music: teaching assistant (music, culture & society), tutor (music theory), and guest lecturer (Irish traditional music scene in Dublin city). 2014-2015.
- Ceol Aneas, New Zealand: tin whistle tutor. 2014.
- Goderich Celtic Roots Festival, Ontario, Canada: flute and slow airs tutor. 2011 & 2012.
- Scoil Éigse Summer School, Cavan: flute tutor. 2010 & 2011; slow airs masterclass 2011.
- Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann. Tin whistle, flute, and grúpa ceoil tutor at various branches in Dublin, Wicklow, and Limerick. 2005-2016.
At the moment I teach group classes in New Paltz, NY and at the Irish Arts Center in NYC. I offer private lessons in person or over Skype. If you would like to arrange a lesson with me, please feel free to get in touch!